Make a Difference
You can make a difference in the lives of at-risk children and their families!
Donations of time, talent and financial gifts make a significant difference in our ability to serve at-risk youth and their families from across North Dakota and, at times, neighboring stats. As a private, non-profit 501(c)3 agency, Charles Hall Youth and Family Services invites you to consider investing in today’s youth to help build a stronger, healthier tomorrow.
You can make a financial gift with cash, a check or a credit card. Ways to give include:
U.S. Mail – Send your gift to Charles Hall Youth and Family Services, PO Box 1995, Bismarck, ND 58502.
Online – Click Donate Now and utilize our secure online giving page.
Phone – Call us at 701-255-2773, ext. 301, for giving options.
In-Person – Stop by our administration offices at 513 E. Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Hold a Donation Drive
The youth we serve often come to us with only the clothes on their backs or a few items in a garbage bag. We continually need basic items such as socks, underwear, pajamas, and toiletries. We also need items for our three group homes (e.g., linens and kitchen items) and for activities with our youth (e.g., board games, sketch pads, outdoor recreation equipment).
You, your business, organization or church can coordinate a collection drive. Possible collection items could include:
- Gift cards to McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Target, Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, movie theatres, etc.
- Tickets to area events and games such as the Larks, Bobcats, etc.
- Toiletries: toothpaste, deodorant, body wash and lotion, chapstick/lip gloss, etc.
- Art supplies: colored pencils, sketchbooks, adult coloring books, etc.
- Towels and linens for the homes (any color, twin beds)
- Summer fun items such as beach towels, flip flops, sunscreen, bike helmets, balls (all sports), etc.
- School supplies such as backpacks, notebooks, pencils, pens, highlighters, etc.
- Sensory items such as fidget gadgets, weighted blankets (15 lbs. max), kinetic sand, therapy putty, etc.
- Holiday gifts for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
Contact Rhonda Styles-Rohde, marketing director, at (701) 255-2773, ext. 301, or complete our contact form if interested in holding a donation drive.
Become a Creating Connections Community Mentor
All youth need a positive role model in their lives who can be a champion, friend, and teacher. Mentor applicants must be at least 21 years of age and are required to pass a criminal background check and a child abuse and neglect check with our state. To become a mentor and learn more contact Lynette Hendrickson, our independent life skills education and mentor program coordinator.
Come and share your talents and skills with us! Volunteer opportunities exist in our group homes, our programs, and agency administrative support and leadership.
- Join on our board of directors or a planning committee
- Help at a special event
- Become a Creating Connections mentor
- Serve as an in-kind donation coordinator
- Help as an office assistant
- Volunteer to assist with yard work or home maintenance
- Teach our youth to play a musical instrument or facilitate special art projects
- Help facilitate a special health/fitness activity such as yoga or meditation
- Assist with the organization and wrapping of donated Christmas gifts for youth in care
Groups can volunteer as well. Charles Hall has many opportunities for volunteering.
Contact Rhonda Styles-Rohde at (701) 255-2773, ext. 301, or complete our contact form to receive more information.